Wednesday 23 March 2011

Leg Warmers



I was given some beautiful, hand knitted leg warmers the other day and they were wrapped in this bag from a pharmacy in Feucht, Germany. Feucht is near Nuremberg and is known for being a centre for bee keeping and honey production: hence the chap on a bee hive (although i'm not sure why he's carrying a crossbow).

I've been to Feucht and while there (it was in winter) i took a shot of a bee emblem on one of the town walls.

www.feucht.de

By the way - the leg warmers go great with my leotard

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what the connection is either, though skeps were occasionally used as weapons of war. I wouldn't fancy someone using a medieval catapult to bombard me with beehives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wonder if the chap was just a generally all round hunting, shooting kind of guy: kill a deer and cook it smothered in honey...

    ReplyDelete